From the Orignal Revgalblogpal starter:
I was struck in our weekly Lectio Divina group by a few verses from Psalm 105:3-4:
. . . let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his presence continually.
Seeking is rejoicing. Rejoicing comes from the seeking, NOT the end of glory, heaven, enlightenment, or whatever. Seeking is the journey–RIGHT NOW!
So for this Friday Five, list what you are seeking, whether it is trivial, profound, or ordinary–whatever you would like to share! List 5 and add a bonus if you feel like it!
I feel like I am seeking a lot of things right now. For a reason that I can’t explain, fall always seems like a time of introspection. Maybe it’s a time of taking stock and reasking the question of “who am I?” even as I ask myself “who am I called to be.” But here are some of the things I’m seeking, in no particular order of importance.
1. God’s will. Yeah, yeah… that sounds like me slapping down the preacher card, but I don’t mean it that way. This is a seaon of big questions for me. While I spend a lot of time in prayer anyway, I’m spending more time in conversation with my creator. I guess the honest thing to say is that I’m asking a lot of things of God, but I’m working really hard at listening too.
2. Self-determination. I’ve accomplished lots of my life goals already, but there are several smaller ones that I’m having a hard time meeting. I’ve let life distract me. I’ve lost motivation. I’ve at turns believed they were impossible.
3. Shalom. Peace with how my house is kept, with how my body looks, with how things are, realizing that there are just some things that will never be as perfect as I’d like them to be.
4. Time. To feed my creative soul, to paint, to cook lavish meals, to run without watching the clock.
5. A place to be who I am called to be.